There are several reasons we may reject a check. Typical reasons that a check may be rejected include the following:
- Your check did not meet the requirements outlined above in FAQ, “What type of checks can I deposit?”
- Your check was not endorsed properly.
- Your check was previously deposited.
- The image quality was poor.
- You will be notified by First United if your deposit is rejected via email or phone. You will have to deposit the original paper check at your local First United branch or at a deposit accepting First United ATM.